A New Guitar
The first news is that Steve has now decided to have a "standard" style guitar, with the Sycamore front.
While waiting for the glue to cure, the template was completed, with positions marked for the pickups, bridge and controls.
The first piece of Sycamore for a guitar front has been cut and bookmatched, and looks pretty good so far. Unfortuately my bandsaw is only a small one, due to both limited space and limited budget! This meant that the resawing to bookmatch the piece had to be done by hand. I've managed to make a feature out of a flaw in the wood, which I thought I may have to cut around: It turns out to be quite sound, so I've used it to my advantage and saved wood. This will give a chevron-shaped feature on the front of this particular guitar.